Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Maddness

What a rough weekend! Of course, Audrey softens everything up a bit. It is impossible to be miserable when something this cute occupies your home.



This is a cell phone pic from my hubby. She insisted on putting her boots on.
 Even with her super cute moments I still had a crazy weekend. I had to work last Friday lucky for me it was in the morning. Friday afternoon I picked up Aud from daycare and we went shopping for ingredients to make yummy treats like this,
This is where I had my first run-in with trouble. I was baking goodies for a yard sale to help raise money for the Joseph City Ball Program. Just as I went to put my first batch in the oven I realized it was not hot, but there was an overwhelming smell of gas. Oh great! Just my luck right? Turns out the pilot light had gone out. I had to have my Father-in-law come over to help me figure this out.

Back to baking I went! I made a batch of these, which I forgot one of the pans in the oven so it cooked a little longer than it should have, oopps. The cookies remained unharmed though, ask Brandon.


I also baked a bag mix of brownies just to have some without nuts.
When Brandon got home from work he looked like he had just walked in to heaven when he saw all the baked goods. I had to break the horrible news to him that he was not allowed to have any, unless, I needed a taste tester. He looked like he was going to cry. The rest of the night I had two tantrum-throwing toddlers to deal with.

On Saturday morning I woke up at 4am with the worst pain in my side. It hurt so badly I could not lay down, much less sleep. Brandon woke up 45 minutes later for work. He thought I had lost my marbles or something, he knows I would never sit in bed that early in the morning on my own. I told him I was having a lot of pain in my side and it was making my lower back hurt. I did not know what it was so I tried to just ignore it most of the morning. 

I headed over to JC at 7:30 for their annual community yard sale. There were 29 yard sales! I stopped at Rachelle's to drop off the goodies and pick up a map. I hardly used my map really, I did not plan on planning. I would just stop here and there, wherever looked most interesting. After about 10 yard sales I was in so much pain I had to go home. Audrey was sleepy and I could hardly move. 

We went home around 9:30 but since it was so early I had to do fun things to keep Audrey awake until nap time. We played outside in the water and I tried pulling weeds. She helped me cut down suckers and water my flower beds. She finally went down for a nap at 11, and by then I was bound to be in bed all day.

I thought that if I sat down and ate something I might feel better, I did not. After dealing with it for so long I finally smartened up and took a bunch of Tylenol and soaked in hot water. To make a long story short it turns out I have a kidney infection. Not fun. After the Tylenol and tub I was feeling a little bit better. Well enough to go to Show Low and let my hubby spoil me.

Brandon got home from work and we left for Show Low to go do some shopping. We bought Audrey some Cowgirl boots from Boot Barn. They are too cute and she just loves them. Then we went and bought all kinds of different flowers for the yard. He bought us whatever we wanted, it was a  very fun trip. He also spotted something at Wal-Mart that he liked very much....

Can you tell he is a proud Daddy? 

After all of that we did our usual stop in Snowflake at Arby's. I know Arby's may not be everyone's number one choice for food but, it is ours because it is a ritual of sorts. When I was pregnant with Audrey we had to drive to Show Low for my doctor appointments. Every time, on the way back, we would stop and eat at Arby's in Snowflake. It is so funny to think she used to be in my belly when we started it, and now she is almost two and we are still doing it!



On Sunday I had to work so planting my new flowers had to wait until after. It also had to wait until I was no longer in pain, for a few hours at least. We worked in the yard until 7 that night, it was not enough time to plant everything we had bought. There also was not enough time in the day to do any housework. By Sunday night, my house was trashed and my garden only half planted..... Today I am nearly caught up. A few flowers left to plant and some laundry that needs tending to.  A Mother's work never ends..........


P.S.  If you would like to read more about our gardening stories, baking and cooking + recipes, and yard sale deals check out my other blog

No comments: