Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How do I love Glee? Let me count the ways.

I am being a lazy blogger tonight. I do not feel like twiddling my thumbs, or twirling my hair, while waiting for this ancient computer to load pictures. I am not sure which is worse, having a slow computer, or not having one at all? Too bad I cannot do all my blogging from my iPhone, perhaps this phone is overrated for that reason alone ;)

Tonight I am going to blog about my favorite show Glee. At first I would cringe when I watched Glee, musicals embarrass me, or rather I feel ebarrassed for the actors. I wonder if they ever feel embarrassed? I have grown to love the show after being forced to watch a few episodes at work. There was nothing else on and everybody was talking about it, so I had to see for myself.

The episode that made me not only tolerate, but enjoy the show was 'Auditions' where they sang "Empire State of Mind." I loved the way they performed and sang this song. It is one of my favorite songs because I am absolutely in love with NYC. I was so happy they didn't ruin such a good song. For the record, it's mostly the lyrics in the chorus of this song that I enjoy.

I want to show some respect to Glee because in last weeks episode they covered one of my most favorite albums, Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' (I am not and English major so forgive my poor quotations, I am not sure which to use. Have a sense of humor, don't judge). This is one of those very few albums that does not contain a single song that I not only love, but can sing every single lyric. I love this album so much and was so excited to see Glee devote an entire episode to it.

See, Glee not only covers todays Top 40 (which isn't worthy of much notice anyway), it brings older greats to the attention of young viewers. I know there are plenty of people that do not enjoy watching Glee, there are even some that despise it I am sure, however, you really have to appreciate the way Glee gives recognition to older classics. Helping our younger generation to appreciate their parents music ;)

No comments: