Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello! I hope all the mommies out there had a wonderful day yesterday! My day had highs and lows, but overall was a great, fun-filled day.

I had to spend the first 8 hours of my day at work, lucky me.  After work I went home to put the finishing touches on the flower pots I had made as mother's day gifts, and Vicky brought Audrey to me. We were supposed to meet my in-law's at the bowling alley at 2, but considering I didn't even get off until 2:10 we were running a little late.

On saturday Brandon was told he had to work sunday and he didn't know what time he would be getting off. I was really hoping he would get off before me, I wasn't so lucky. He didn't get to be with us until 5 when we were headed for dinner. Despite his absence we had a great time bowling. I met up with my in-laws and we bowled a few games, watched the girls be silly, and taught Audrey how to push the ball down the little ramp thing (I apologize for that, I am not sure of it's official name).






She discovered her cousin's flip flops and insisted on wearing them

After bowling we headed to El Rancho for some food. It was calm and fun, I think everybody was pretty worn out. We exchanged gifts and even though I am not Krista or Debbie's mom I got some really great stuff!  Debbie gave me a bracelet that says "mom" and a hanging pot of flowers. Krista gave me a photo holder that resembles a ferris wheel, sort of, (I'm not sure how to explain it) it's really cute. I felt really bad I didn't get Krista anything but a card. I was thinking about making up for it with a surprise, hopefully she doesn't read my blog........?

So my 2nd mother's day was a success. We had a great time and I felt appreciated for being Audrey's mother. Being her mother is so rewarding, I feel blessed every single day. I feel thankful to my husband for being her father, and I feel thankful to her for being such a wonderful daughter. Motherhood has changed my life in so many ways that I never expected. I feel the person I am because of motherhood is so much more wholesome than I would have been if I had not had children. Having a child means learning the real definition of love. There is no love, like a mother's love.


With that said, I want to take a moment to acknowledge my own mother. She was out of town yesterday so I was not able to see her. I hope that she knows how much I love and appreciate her. I never realized just how much my mom loves and cares for me until I had my own child. My mom has always been there when I needed her. She is my bestfriend who is there to listen to me whenever I have something to say. She never judges me, no matter what I say. I often say or think things that are truly absurd but if she thinks so, I can never tell. My mom has a very kind heart, she is so giving and so loving. I am so very thankful that she is my mother.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you, I hope your day was everything you deserve.

No comments: