Thursday, May 26, 2011

It is Almost Vacation Time!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2pm. At 2pm I get to leave work and never see it again. Just kidding. I wish. Instead I get to leave for a stay-cation. I am off until Tuesday and I do not have to go in until 2, so I have a total of 5 days off. I need this so very badly. With how rough this last week has been I am hoping to catch up on some sleep, some housework, some fun time with the hubs, and some cuddles from Audrey, Brandon, Roxy, and Kat. It is going to be a wonderful weekend!

So dear blog friends, do you have any plans for the weekend?

One of the best parts about this weekend is that it is Brandon's birthday. He is going to be 28 years OLD. Yes, I emphasized old. Right now I am only 23 and I think 28 is old. Not old as in old person old, but old as in scary age old, when you start thinking you are old old. When I am 28 I will no longer think it is old. I will also be staying 28 for several years.

He has made plans to keep us busy all weekend. It is going to be fun and you can bet I will be posting all about it come Tuesday. For now I am going to post some new super cute pictures of my sweet little girl.
She is getting so big and her vocabulary is too. She sure spits it out and it is so much fun to listen to. I love to hear her 'read' and if I can get the video to upload I will post it. You will think it is cute too, I am sure.

She also does things that are not so cute, she sure looks cute doing them though. Like here, I caught her standing on the toilet trying to get wipes off the counter. This is what she does when she gets caught.
She got her wipe even though she was naughty. Her face was dirty and it is so much easier if I just let her do it herself.

Please forgive the background in these pics. Her bathroom is being repainted at the moment.

If you are wondering how Audrey's toddler bed training is going, well, it is going. It was going wonderfully up until the last 3 nights. Out of nowhere she is having a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. I have had to get up with her every 20 minutes or so. It is awful. I do not know if it has anything to do with the bed itself or not. Either way, I pray this phase ends as soon as possible. Tonight would be good..

Other than nights naps have been going very well. She even puts herself to sleep if she is feeling very tired. She was in her room and the first time I checked on her she was reading books on her bed. I went back about 10 minutes later as I had realized there was not a single noise coming from her room. She was laying there with her eyes open on the verge of passing out. It was really cute, I was proud of her for being a big girl. 
Sometimes Audrey will ask me for things that she may not have. Such as, candy for breakfast, pens, permanent markers, my glass and whatever contents are in it that she would like to drink, forks, toothpicks, and cotton swabs. I only say no because I have to, but do you know how hard it is to say no to a face like this?
My little quail.
 It is very hard. Even though I do not like to, I still have to tell Audrey no when it comes to her safety and the safety of my walls and furniture. Sometimes there are exceptions to the rules. Like when she is at the counter coloring, then she is allowed to have a pen. Or, when she spots Mommy eating a Starburst she found by the coffee pot, then she is allowed to have a tiny piece. Rules are made to be broken right? As long as these things are done in moderation I will have a content child I am sure.

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! Be safe and do not drink and drive!

No comments: