Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wild Hairs

I am not sure what has gotten in to me lately. I have been cleaning like a mad dog. I am not talking your usual every day dishes type cleaning. I am talking about cleaning and organizing rooms that have been forgotten about. Like our guest bedroom/yard sale storage closet, or the shed/Brandon's hoarding facility, even the den that Audrey destroyed (I am having second thoughts about it being a playroom for her).

Yesterday, I was so sick of having all of my holiday decorations in the guest bedroom closet, and in the little pantry thing. That I went crazy and organized Brandon's hoarding shed so that I could move it all out there. It went surprisingly well if you do not think about all the Daddy Long Legs I ran into. Gross. I managed to organize everything that was already there, and add all of my decor and have it still look nice and clean. Go me.

So, since I made space in the guest bedroom closet I put all of my yard sale stuff and Audrey's baby stuff that I am keeping in there. I put it all in there neatly so that when I need to get something out, I do not have boxes falling on my head. I put clean sheets on the bed and dusted the furniture. I attempted to vacuum and nearly finished when my vacuum sucked up a corner of a dish towel. I do not know what happened exactly, but it quit working and I did not have time to investigate. As of today, I still have not done it. I get irritated when I have to go looking for a screwdriver.

Today I decided to clean up the den. It had toys, crayons, paper, and ribbon strewn all over the flower. It was lovely. There were also a few things I had set back there to get out of the way and Brandon had placed Audrey's wooden chest back there in the middle of the floor. Again, lovely.

It did not take me long to do because Audrey's stuff just gets thrown into her toy box  or crayon box anyway. I had to clear space in Audrey's closet before I placed the chest in there. We are going to use it for her memory stuff. I have already placed her finger paintings and first few dresses in it.

Now I have a clean shed, a clean den, and a clean guest bedroom/closet. Now if only the rest of my house could be clean....

So, I have to mention the new donut/bakery/coffee/lunch shop in town again. I have taken Audrey there the last two mornings. I am starting to worry. This place is going to be the cause of my weight gain and empty bank account. The coffee is great and the donuts are even better. I let Audrey eat donuts for breakfast yesterday, she thinks I am an awesome mom. I think I am an awesome mom because I made her pair them with cantaloupe.

Yesterday I bought a dozen donut holes. Audrey ate most of them but, I saved a few for hubby because he always likes something sweet after dinner. He did not get to eat them. I left Roxy in the house, in the laundry room mind you, because it was just too hot outside. That little escape artist got out and stole Brandon's bag of donuts off the counter. I felt really bad so I bought him a new bag today. Roxy is outside.


Brandon told me the first thing I had to do when I got home last night was look at Audrey. I always do anyway but I do not think he knows that.

This is what I saw
You really have to love your shoes to want to sleep in them.

I took a picture of the house this morning. It is not great, especially with Big Red in the front. It is much prettier when my little matching gray car is in the extra parking space, but she is special and gets the carport spot.

Something, or someone, broke one of our solar path lights. Jerk(s). So now all that needs to be done is the trellis above the window box (the one that does not have a window), the security doors, new light fixtures, and Brandon is building new stairs. I am going to be one happy lady when it is all finished. 

My baby's hand looks so good today. It is day 7 and it is healing so well. She is so amazing. I thank God every day that she has been such a good girl. She has not tried to take her bandage off, not even once. She does not let it bother her or get in the way of her play time. She has really done a wonderful job at coping. Like I said, she is a trooper. 

I am wondering if you can use Mederma on children? If so I am going to be buying some for her. I do not want her hand to be scarred to horribly. I have heard good things about Mederma and I am hoping I am able to use it on her hand. 

Here are some comparison pictures
Day 1
Day 7

The in-between days,







No comments: