Monday, June 27, 2011

The Perfect Weekend

Audrey and I had a wonderful weekend. I did because it was the perfect mix of work and pleasure. I know Audrey did because she was constantly surrounded by people that love her and were willing to give her all the kisses and candy she wanted.

Nana and Papa Hoffman came to town on Thursday. They are the best Grandparents ever. PERIOD. You can try to argue with me but it will be a waste of your time. My Grandparents are not only the funnest people to be around (how many grandparents do you know that still can party like they 25?), they are the kindest, most helpful people I know. 

My Grandma aka Nana, is the sweetest person on earth. You would  have to be to stay married to my Grandpa for 55 years. I am joking. She really has the best heart. She is so helpful, she will help with dishes or whatever it is you need done. When she goes to the grocery store she buys whatever it is you need for the house ie., paper towels, hand soap, aluminum foil, paper plates, etc. She is also a great listener and so loving. 

My Grandpa aka Papa, is the funnest and funniest person. He is always up for a good time and always has a good joke to tell. He is not always all fun and games though. He is also a great listener and has some of the most wonderful advice. If Papa is around you know you are going to laugh, smile, and get plenty of hugs. 

I tried to show Papa and Nana a good time on Thursday but they ended up stealing my show. I wanted to treat them to the new donut/coffee shop here in Holbrook but they insisted on paying. We all had our fill of donuts, cinnamon rolls, and coffee. That place is great! I cannot wait to go back. I am so lucky too because it is a block away from me. 

For lunch we ordered Navajo tacos from ADOT, which I also tried to pay for but was beat to the punch. After lunch Nana and I did chores while Papa and Audrey watched TV and took naps. 


 As soon as Parker and Brandon got off work we headed for Gallup, NM. We did some shopping and ate at Cracker Barrel. Brandon and I love Cracker Barrel. We are old souls and cannot resist buying old fashioned candy when we go there. I love the store area and the decor in the restaurant. We enjoy looking at antiques and enjoyed classic food.

Audrey loves Cracker Barrel too I guess. She enjoyed playing games at the table and outside with Parker and Grandma Karen. She ate all of her macaroni and cheese, then Daddy bought her some gummy bears for desert.







 On Friday I was getting ready for Saturdays yard sale. Brandon had left that morning for work and was not going to be back until Saturday evening. He was sent to San Manuel for some sort of training I believe. So, I decided that I would have a yard sale while he was gone. He likes to hoard things so I have to get rid of them while he is not looking.

My Grandparents had to stay and extra night because the road home was closed due to yet another AZ wildfire. Yes, Arizona is on fire. Friday afternoon we loaded up and went to Wally World.


 Nana and Papa treated Audrey and I to Taco Bell and we went home. That evening we had a BBQ at Parker's and visited. We were supposed to play games but by the time we finished eating it was time to go home. Audrey was on the verge of passing out on the floor.

Saturday was my yard sale. It went really well. Not only did I make a good amount of money. I managed to do yard work in between customers. I weeded flower beds and watered everything in the yard. I know weeding the flower bed does not seem like much but it was overflowing with weeds. To the point where my flowers would not grow because of them. It took the whole morning.

Audrey's stuff from the last 3 months. It's getting ridiculous.  


Of course nobody had an offer near what I think she is worth :)



 By 1pm I had the carport cleaned up and was ready for my hubby to come home. Saturday night we relaxed and had some family cuddle time.

I had to work Sunday but the evening was wonderful. Brandon made us dinner while I cleaned the bathroom. He even watched Audrey for me. It is the little things like that that make me one happy mama. I am thinking that Brandon needs to cook dinner and babysit at least once a week. That is not too much to ask right?



*UPDATE

Audrey's hand is healing quickly and it looks great. She no longer cries during bandage changes and she uses her hand more and more. She does not try to take her bandage off and she is very good at keeping it out of her bath water. If you tell her not to use her owie hand she listens. I could not have asked for a better baby.

Pictures


This is from this morning. Her ring finger is almost completely healed. 

Only Audrey can make a bandage look cute. 

"yook" she says. 

















No comments: