Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Part II: The Day

MEMORIAL DAY & BRANDON'S BIRTHDAY

We woke up early Monday morning to go fishing. Our original plan was for Nelson Resevoir by Springerville. Once we got there it was so windy and miserable, we decided to drive on to Crescent Lake, and actually ended up at Big Lake.

I had never been to any of these lakes before so I was very excited for the change of scenery. It was beautiful, reminded me of Utah only the trees were not quite as dense. Still beautiful nonetheless.






I am not the best photographer so my apologies for these pictures. It all looked so pretty from the truck, these pictures do not do the landscape justice. By the way, just for the record, it still was not near as beautiful as Utah. I do not think that anywhere in AZ will ever be as pretty as northern UT. I enjoy being in the trees around lakes so that I can pretend I am in Utah again.

So anyway, back to the story. We had a great time fishing at Big Lake. I was completely unprepared for how cold it was. I have no idea what I was thinking but I packed for warmer weather. Bad idea. Poor Audrey only had a fleece sweater on. That sweater happens to be very warm and she did not act cold, but I still felt like a horrible mother. Papa wrapped her in his coat and they colored together.
I, on the other hand, had to wrap myself up. I was freezing. The jacket I brought was not very warm at all. Luckily, I had a tank top and a tshirt on underneath. Still was not enough.


Although we did not catch anything we still had a great time. Audrey enjoyed watching birds and butterflies. I enjoyed my nap in the sun on my comfy chair. I felt like a lizard sun bathing on a rock. It was great.






After not having any luck fishing we decided to pack up and head back to Springerville. We wanted to go to the drugstore they have there. My husband and his family are obsessed with this store. I have never been there so I was excited to see what all the hype was about.

On the way there we took a detour and went through Greer. I have always heard about how pretty it is there and how it is great for a relaxing vacation spot. I was in love. I am retiring there..... I wish. It is so perfect! Post card perfect!




These pictures are iPhone pictures of random older cabins. I did not get a chance to take any real pretty pictures of the "town."

We finally made it to the Springerville drugstore and did some shopping. Brandon was right, this store is great! It has the most random items. The prices were great as well. I was in love with all the fabric they had. It was all great. We ended up buying his dad a father's day gift and a birthday present.

Since it was Brandon's actual birthday all of the events were up to him. After everything else he chose, he wanted us to eat at Booga Red's. Yup, a restaraunt with a name that sounds like 'booger.' I was still too sick to my stomach to eat (2 days later!) so I do not have a review. Everybody else seemed to have liked it though.

We arrived home at about 5 o'clock that evening. We were all so tired on the way home I was positive we would head straight for the couch. We did not. Instead, Brandon hooked up the cooler and I did yard work. After that, we headed straight for showers and the couch.

We had a good weekend. It was not as eventful as I hoped it would be and it went by way too quickly, but it was still good. Happy 28th Birthday Brandon!

No comments: