Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Part I: The Weekend

Our weekend did not go as planned. We still had a great time, just not as great as it should have been. Thanks to wind and sickness most of our plans were cancelled. There were still a few fun things we did so I still have an extra long post for everyone.

Let's start with Friday. I spent the morning cleaning so that I would have the rest of the weekend to do whatever I wanted. My house was still trashed by Monday, but at least I had until 2pm Tuesday to clean it. Audrey helped me clean by wiping down my windowsills and dusting the bedroom furniture. She is a great help! She took a rag and started wiping everything down while saying, "cean cean cean." It was hilarious. I just love her.

Friday night we went to Show Low with my sister-in-law Krista and her lover Macy. We ate at The Native New Yorker then went to see Hangover 2. We had a great time. Until the next day....

Brandon and I woke up sick Saturday morning. I had to wake up at 6 to pick up Audrey from my Father-in-law's house and I felt like I had a hangover myself. I ended up spending most of the morning on the couch with Audrey watching cartoons. Brandon did not wake up until around 830, but as soon as he woke up he was sick. We decided we had food poisoning since we did not drink but here is the weird thing. Neither Krista or Macy were sick and we all ate the same food. The only thing Brandon and I ate that they did not was popcorn smothered in butter at the theatre. Can popcorn make you sick? I was thinking that maybe the butter was old or something. That sounds downright silly to me but I cannot think of anything else.

Brandon's mom came to town to visit him for his birthday. Since we were sick and the wind was blowing like crazy, there was not a whole lot of fun going on. We ended up taking a nap and then met everyone and went to lunch at Romo's. I do not remember what we did the rest of the night.....

 Sunday Audrey and I made Brandon a birthday card. We colored on it and stamped Audrey's hand and foot print. It turned out really cute and Audrey loved doing it. Mommy made a mistake by doing it AFTER I had dressed her for church. We had to change her outfit afterward.

Before we started on Daddy's card I found Audrey walking around like this.....
Sorry it is in black and white, I accidently apllied changes and I do not want to upload another..... :)


That evening we had a fish fry at my Father-in-law's. Brandon's stepmom is a champ when it comes to frying fish. My stomach was still tender so I stuck with salad, but I could not resist taking a few bites of fish. I also could not resist trying to sneak a nap on the couch. I do not know what it is about that house, but it makes me want to sleep. Must be super cozy or something.

I made this cake for Brandon. I am not trying to be a master pastry chef or anything I just have fun decorating cakes. I am not any good at it, I just enjoy pretending to be. Brandon loves football and it was the easiest thing I could think of .


After dinner we did a little shopping. I bought Brandon some clothes for his birthday and a few coloring things for Audrey. When we got home we found this...
She is so silly

No comments: