Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My 18 month old sweetie

I cannot believe Audrey is already 18 months old. She is growing so fast, not only physically, but mentally as well. People are not kidding when they say a child's brain is like a sponge. She soaks up all the knowledge she can and she remembers it! I have been trying to teach her more sign language even though she speaks so well. Audrey is very vocal for her age, she talks a lot and she loves doing it. She talks to anyone or anything that will listen. She reads books out loud to herself as well as quietly to herself while practicing her big girl potty skills. Because she is so vocal sign language has taken a back seat recently. I decided that I should teach her things in sign language that she does not have the ability to say yet, such as platypus. I'm joking, but there are a few words she struggles with so I figure I will teach her to sign them.
I'm so very proud of all the signs she already has mastered. There's not many but they have been ever so helpful, here's what she knows so far: milk, eat, dog, potty, fish, cry, sleep, drink, bath, and cry. Like I said, it's not much. After she started being so vocal I sort of just gave up the sign language, now I regret it because there is so much she could be learning. She picks it up so quickly. Today I tried teaching her shoe, thank you, please, and ball. She can do them but she has not perfected them just yet.
So since we have gone over the signs my baby Einstein knows, we should also go over the words she knows so here we go; milk, eat, potty, pee pee, poo poo, sippy, apple, bath, Audrey, Mommy (Mama, Mom), Daddy (Dada, Dad), Grandma, Papa, Amber, Mariah, Burkley, Jack Jack, Roxy, Cocoa, night night, no-no, yes(yup, yeah), I don't know, I love you, baby, outside, chair, dog, diaper, go, bye bye, Diego, Olivia, hello, shoe, teeth, nose, pretty, pants, choo choo, car, and I am sure there is more but she knows too much for me to remember! Audrey can also count to 3. Of course all of the above words she says in her own way but you can tell what she is saying.
Audrey is so amazing to me. She is so entertaining and the most lovable thing in the world. Our family is doing amazing and I cannot wait to see what new things lie ahead.

On a side note, I will post either a video of a picture of her signing and speaking as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

No comments: