Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Day UPS Saved Brandon's Life

I ordered a steam mop from Amazon on Saturday. I selected 2-day shipping but since I ordered on Saturday I was told my package would arrive on Wednesday. I wasn't really tracking it as I knew it would come quickly enough. I wasn't expecting it when it came but it arrived at the nick of time.

On Tuesday morning as Brandon was getting ready to leave for work he decided to dust his coat off in the middle of the kitchen. Brandon works at a power plant, he spends his days getting covered in coal dust. When he gets home I beg him to do "blue steel" for me (Zoolander reference) as you can pretty much only see his eyes. It is awful, my carpet has black spots, the couch has black spots, everyday I have to do my best to get super fine coal dust off my kitchen floor. So, as you can imagine, I was beyond mortified when he dusted his coat off like it was no big deal right. smack. in. the. middle. of. my. kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!  "What the heck are you doing????!!!!" Due to the fact that  it was 5a.m. and there were hardly any lights on, I couldn't see the extent of the damage so I just shook my head and went back to bed.

I got Audrey out of bed and we proceeded with our morning routine. As I was bringing her highchair to the counter, I looked down, and there it was. At least a 4x4 space covered in coal dust. At first I was only slightly irritated. Since Audrey and I had our morning going already I didn't have time at that moment to clean it. We ate breakfast and got dressed and I reluctantly pulled out my broom. I swept and I swept and I swept some more. Coal dust is very fine so it's nearly impossible to sweep up. No matter what I did I couldn't get all of it. I was so angry! I had just set down my broom and was getting ready to send Brandon a nasty "you're in so much trouble" text when someone knocked on my door.

I set the phone down, opened the door and low and behold there was a beautiful brown Amazon box that held my new steam mop. What better way to clean a mess of coal dust than a brand new mop? What better way to test a brand new steam mop than to clean up a mess of coal dust? I was elated! UPS to the resucue! Now not only did I get the mess cleaned easily, I didn't have to tell my husband that I was about to rip his head off! He didn't have to get an ear full, and I have a clean floor. It was perfect timing, a blessing in disguise, one day early. Bless you UPS and Amazon 2 day shipping.

No comments: