Friday, July 29, 2011

Rain, Rain, Went Away, Then it Came Back Another Day

It has rained three days this week, so far. The week is not over and I am optimistic for the weekend. For so long we have had storms build up right by us, or head straight for us, then as soon as it gets here it shifts directions. It is really frustrating! I do not really understand how it can change directions so quickly but it does.

We have been really lucky this week with the rain. I have not had to water my flowers at all this week.On Monday it rained at night, until 1a.m.. I was unfortunately at work instead of at home with my family enjoying the beautiful lightening show. Audrey called me and every time she saw lightening she would say, "Mommy wook!" and turn the phone in that direction so that I could "see".  Brandon said she loved it and would clap her hands every time.

On Tuesday it rained during the day while I was at work. I was really sad because I thought that taking Audrey to play in the puddles would be one of the most fun activities of the summer. I did however, enjoy sitting at work in peace reading my book and enjoying the smell and sound of the rain.

Thursday was our day. It started raining just as I was leaving to pick up Audrey from the babysitter. By the time we got home and it had stopped raining, there were plenty of puddles and mud to get rowdy in. Audrey loves water so much so I took her through the puddles in her Cozy Coupe.
As we drove around the block I noticed a nice muddy area. I could not resist.



Flip flops were a bad idea


 Audrey loved our little adventure and so did I. I cannot wait to do it again! Come on rain!







No comments: