Monday, July 18, 2011

Enough Already

I never blog about current events. That is not what this blog is about. This blog is about the happenings in my life, not the happenings of others. Today, however, I am going to blog about a news headline. As always, I have an opinion, and anyone that knows me knows that I enjoy voicing my opinion. So much so, that in marriage counseling (a pre-marriage requirement) my husband told the Preacher I was very opinionated. Oh well.

My topic is the Casey Anthony case. Yes, yes, I know, you're so sick of hearing of it. So am I. That is why I am writing about my thoughts on the case. Every time I hear about this case I get fired up, so I want to write about it, so that I may forget about it. Stay with me if you will.

Today I was watching a debate on that new talk show, some Pastor guy, I've never seen it before so I cannot think of the name. There were two women that support the verdict and two that are against it (along with about 95% of the country). I am so sick of hearing about it, this show was the last straw. I absolutely cannot take anymore Casey Anthony/Caylee news.

I want to make it VERY CLEAR that I do believe that Casey Anthony, if nothing else, had a hand in her daughter's murder. That is my opinion, however, I believe the jury did the right thing. I used to work in a defense attorney's office. Not that that makes me an expert or anything, but I do know a little bit about evidence and trials. I know enough to understand that you have to have EVIDENCE in order to have a conviction.

There was not enough evidence in the case to convict Casey, PERIOD. Put yourself in a jurors shoes, it is up to you to decide whether she is guilty or not. Casey's whole life is in your hands, you may be giving her the death penalty. Sentencing someone to life in prison with only circumstantial evidence. Now, does that sound like something you would like to be responsible for?

Do you realize that many, many, people have been put to death for crimes they did not commit? Recently there was a man who had spent years behind bars, then DNA evidence proved trustworthy and it turns out, it wasn't him after all. Would you enjoy knowing that you were the one responsible for making him waste his life away in prison? I certainly would not.

Please keep in mind that the whole time the jurors were going through this trial they were not exposed to the media. You think the media did not play a huge part in how everyone became so emotionally involved with this case, you're wrong. The media is ALWAYS one-sided, they play the drama side, the side that is going to attract the most viewers. To the media, you're all a bunch of suckers. Lynch mob suckers in my opinion.

(Remember, I believe her hands are dirty)

I cannot believe there are people out there who wish death, or even threatened to kill Casey. WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE????????!!!!! This has been the most frustrating thing for me. I understand people are upset, but who are you to judge her? If Casey walked in my door right now, I would not treat her any differently than I would anyone else. Who am I to judge her?

I believe that Casey will be judged. I believe that her judgement will be more harsh than any prison sentence could ever be. As far as the people holding signs saying "no justice for Caylee," I want to go up to them so badly and say "oh right, because if Casey doesn't spend the rest of her life in prison, Caylee will be a lost soul right?" WRONG. Caylee has moved on to a better place. What happens to her soul does not depend on how Casey is judged.

Get over it! The law worked exactly how it was supposed to, given the evidence, and there is nothing anyone can do to Casey now. Her case is over, end of discussion.

This is the end of my lengthy and thoughtful opinion. I hope that people learn to have a more open mind. Even if she is guilty of murder, you do not have a right to judge her. I have faith that she will be judged, but it surely will not be by me.

No comments: