Sunday, July 17, 2011

Already?

It is July 17th today. In 47 days Audrey will turn 2 years old. I am so excited for her birthday, I want it to be perfect. I was thinking about throwing a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed party for her, (after all, she is named after Audrey Hepburn) however, she is only going to be 2. I am not really sure if I should use this brilliant idea just yet.

I wanted to buy Tiffany blue invitations, have Tiffany blue gift boxes with fake jewelry, and a cake made to look like a Tiffany's jewelry box. I also was going to make Audrey a little black dress and try to find some long black gloves. For one of her gifts I was going to buy her an orange tabby cat stuffed animal. That is a win-win situation, she loves cats and she loves stuffed animals, I can't possibly go wrong with a gift like that.

I am still on the fence about throwing this themed party for more than one reason. My first reason being that I am not sure if we will be in town for her birthday. We have not gone camping all summer because of fire restrictions. Hopefully, by September we will be able to go. Since our calendar is pretty booked from the end of August to the middle of September, the only weekend we can go is Audrey's birthday weekend. A fancy birthday party in the woods is an absurd thought.

The second reason is that I am not sure if I should throw this party idea with her at this young age. Maybe I should wait until she is a little older and she can appreciate dressing up in a little black dress doing her best Holly Golightly impression. I just can't get past the thought of how ADORABLE she would be in a tiny dress, fancy jewelry, and a tiara. Also, I think the party ideas are amazing and I cannot wait to utilize them. 

I just do not know what to do! Her birthday is really sneaking up on us and I need to start planning. It is really hard though when you are not sure where you are going to be. I am hoping that someone reading my blog could give me some insight on what they think I should do. Should I throw the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" party (given we are at home), or should I choose a "woodsy" outdoor themed party in case we are camping (or even if we aren't because the other should wait until she is older)???? Please help!

2 comments:

Venessa said...

I think you sould wait. I think she'd be more in to it when shes older, at least 4 or 5. She'll love the dress up more and not just feel like mommies dolly! But it would still be fun if you did it this year. I'll bring Masen dressed up like the crazy neighbor!

The Craig's said...

Yup, I think you're right. I would be so horrified if someone stole my idea though. Ha ha, I know, so immature of me. I think I will wait. I started looking up woodland animals for her party this year, and all of the stuff is so cute and I can make most of it myself. You should help :)