Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Playing Catch Up, Our Flagstaff Trip

 Audrey and I decided to make a quick trip to Flagstaff to go shopping and visit Grandma Debbie for a little while. We went to Target and bought our favorite diapers and wipes, some makeup, and goodies from the dollar bins. They had a whole bunch of safari animal decor that matched Audrey's bedroom and bathroom. I bought a frame and a stuffed lion. She does a perfect roar when she sees her lion and she yells "Daddy!" when she sees the picture frame. I put a picture of her giving Daddy kisses in the frame and placed it on her tv. She loves her Daddy.

Also from Target I purchased my most favorite candy of all time. I do not care for Valentine's Day chocolates, Christmas candies of all sorts, or Thanksgiving pies the way I care for my Easter Sweetarts Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies. There is no candy that can compare, not even regular Sweetarts.

After Target we went to Michael's. I love craft stores! I bought some felt to make butterflies for Audrey's bedroom wall. I am so tired of her bedroom being so very boring, but that's another story. Maybe another post for another day. I also bought some letters for her walls and a reuseable shopping bag that is adorable. I will not however, be using it as a shopping bag. I will be taking it to work with me everyday. I take to work everyday: dinner, the book I am reading at the time, a craft project, my bill book, and various beauty items. A large adorable bag was very much needed.  *The sweetarts are on top of said bag in the picture.

We met Grandma Debbie and Cousin Mariah at the mall. Grandma took the girls to play in the play area while I shopped at JcPenney. I bought Audrey the cutest summer dress. Even she was in love with it. When we got home she made me put it on her so she could flaunt it around the house. She also made sure to tell everyone and everything how pretty she was.

After the mall we decided to do a little bargain shopping at Savers. Yes, I shop at Savers. I also do not care what anybody thinks about this. It just so happens that I have the best maternity clothes ever and I hardly paid anything for them thanks to Savers. After that, I was hooked. Audrey now has a beautiful summer wardrobe that I only paid $25 for. My most favorite item from there is a pair of green ballet flats for .99 cents. Originally from Baby Gap so I am sure you can imagine just how wonderful they are.

I realized we hadn't eaten yet and Audrey was getting very cranky. I do not really know very much about what is in Flagstaff so we decided to go back to the mall and share pizza. Audrey was amazing! She was such a good girl and she ate like a sumo wrestler. We talked, shared soda, took bites of each others pizza, and had a great time. Who would have thought you could have so much fun sharing lunch with your toddler in a mall cafeteria?

We did a little shopping at b&b works, GameStop, and Charolette Russe before heading back to happy Holbrook. We had just gotten on to the freeway when she decided it was time for a snooze.




I can not for the life of me, get this picture to upload right side up. It is a mystery to me.




Daddy was working overtime late that night and I had to go to work at 6am the following morning. We decided Audrey should have some Grandma and Grandpa Craig time. So she stayed at their house that night. She was very exhausted from her adventures with Mommy. We had such an amazing time, I can not wait to do it again!

No comments: