Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Girl Time and Random Pictures

Brandon had a few hours of overtime this week. He worked on Saturday while we were in Flagstaff, and he worked until 9:45pm Wednesday (I think) so Audrey and I have spent plenty of one on one time together. I had to go home from work early on Wednesday to pick up Audrey since Brandon was not able to. We went around town, bought some candy for her and wine for myself. Went home and had some relaxing Mommy Daughter time. I love these moments and I love these pictures. Do not fret my blog world friends, the glass was empty by the time she got her sticky little hands on it.       *Sorry the pictures are awful, my iPhone was throwing a tantrum.


Adorable right?!
Sometimes during our time at home together Audrey goes on adventures. I spotted her walking around with blankets and not sure of her plans, I decided it would be wise to follow her. I'm thinking she was wanting to relax in the tub, minus the water.
Now it is time for random pictures. When I am at work I get to witness some of the most amazing sunsets that Arizona has to offer. I am not a very good photographer, especially when the only camera I have is my  iPhone, so this picture is not great. It does not do the sunset justice in the slightest bit. I just want all my readers to get a small taste of how amazing Arizona's sunsets really are.
This picture is very random, I just want to add a little story of how much I dislike dogs. I never have liked dogs. When I was growing up we had a dog named Scooter. I loved Scooter. She was smart and pretty, but she was gross. She shed everywhere, she pooped everywhere (large poops), and she drooled like she had a constant fountain going in her mouth. Let me explain, I love all animals. I think they have feelings and I think they should be loved and respected. I just am not the biggest fan of dogs. I love them, I think they are adorable, but I hate touching them. I hate them shedding on me, I hate them slobbering on me, I hate them jumping, licking, sniffing, and rubbing up on me. Everything dogs do is disgusting. You would never see a cat eat poop out of a diaper, just saying.

I am a complete cat person. I will choose a cat over a dog anyday, hopefully a day like that never comes though. I would hate to hurt a dogs feelings. My husband on the other hand, hates cats. He cannot stand them. I chalk it up to the fact that he hates all the strays in our neighborhood that lay on his grass and poop in his garden. I can't argue with that. Anyway, can you see the problem here? Brandon likes dogs, I like cats - go figure.

I have a dog. Yes, she is my dog. I brought her home. I chose her. I feed her, I pet her, I walk her, and I even love her. The reason I have a dog is because there is no way I would have gotten away with bringing home a cat. I love animals and have always had them growing up. I refuse to live in a home where animals do not exist. So, wanting to comprimise on the cat/dog issue. I got a small dog, a miniature pinscher/ pug to be exact. My best friend Venessa gave her to me. Her name is Roxy.

Small dogs are less disgusting than their larger counterparts. They shed less -in my opinion anyway-, they never drool, they can't come close to knocking you over when they jump, when they lick you it's more like a cat instead of being like a huge disgusting wet rag being wiped across your face, they don't take up large amounts of space, and their tails are not long or powerful enough to knock cups off your coffee table. Large dogs belong outside, period. My small Roxy is a great dog. She is the perfect mix of cat and dog. That may sound strange but she has the best qualities of both.

I have been feeling horrible because I do not give her all the attention she deserves. So I decided I was going to be super attentive towards her from now on. When I got home from work, I let her jump up on my lap  for a nice ear scratch and lovin, and this is what I got in return.
I know it is probably hard to see, and some of it I had already wiped off before I had decided to take a picture, but there was a lovely amount of dog hair on my lap. This is exactly why I do not like dogs. I know, I know, cats shed too. I have never had a cat that shed as much as my dog does. I am trying really hard to be more loving to my dog, like I was before I had Audrey. I will find time to spoil her and love her like I used to. I hope she can forgive my negligence. And I hope she can find it in her heart to stop shedding so much......

No comments: