Friday, January 9, 2009

Disappointing First Appointment

I'm so sad. My first appointment was so disappointing! I really wanted some confirmation of pregnancy as I'm having a very hard time believing it. We've been trying for so long and now that it's happened I'm in shock adn can't really believe it. Well I didn't see my doc I saw his nurse practitioner. I really like her but she didn't give me so much as a urine pregnancy test! How does she know I'm really pregnant! Maybe I only tested once and had a chemical pregnancy and she wouldn't even know! I know I am still preg but still. I did get weighed, blood pressure, a required STD test, and she "measured" my uterus at 5-6 weeks. I say "measured" because she just did it with her hand....weird but ok. Anyway, I was really disappointed :( The good news is, in 3 weeks I will be getting all the first testing done, like bloodwork and all that good stuff, and Im going to get my first ultrasound! YAY! I can't wait. I should be about 8-9 weeks by then so it should be interesting. Maybe a heartbeat?? That would be nice. Brandon is going with me too so Im super happy that he really wants to be involved. I think he's more excited than I am! Well, for now my due date is September 7, 2009 which is Labor Day!! haha Could you imagine going into labor on Labor Day? I know it never actually happens on the due date but that would be so funny!

1 comment:

Bryce and Susie said...

It sounds like your first app. was kind of pointless. In utah they do a ton of blood work and a pap, but I've never had them do a urine preg test. For the first little while they usually measure your uterus with there hands and they can tell your prego cause your uterus will be hard. As you get bigger they will usea measuring tape. That's exciting you get to have an ultrasound so early, you get to see your little jumping bean. Let me know how it goes.